While working on “The Skydiver”, I decided to create a typeface to use for the text so the writing would look consistent. I’ve spent some time working on it and I now have a sample to show:
The font contains all of the letters and symbols on the keys of a standard American keyboard and is available in Windows TrueType format at this page: http://www.artisticimposter.com/aitoonkbw.php. A valid e-mail address and a PayPal account are required for purchase. Once the fee has been paid, the font will be sent to the purchaser by e-mail. This font is for personal and/or commercial use. Since fonts are software, by purchasing and installing this font, you agree that you have read and understand the End-User License Agreement for software purchased from Artistic Imposter Design.
Over the weekend, I began working on a new idea for a Flash animated short. Several years ago, I performed an original pantomime entitled “The Skydiver,” and over the holiday weekend I began turning my pantomime into an animated Flash cartoon. Here’s a screenshot of part of the cartoon:
I’m doing some experimenting with this cartoon, and I plan to do most of the actual animation using traditional frame-by-frame methods, so it could take me a little longer to finish than it would otherwise. Once it is finished, I’m going to build a new page into my Web site just for Flash cartoons, and it will also be posted on YouTube.
I’ve completed some initial Flash drawings for my animated short. The first one is a fighter belonging to an alien race known as the Resaleyn, the second is the Resaleyn Empire’s flag, and the third is a member of an alien race known as the Browns. These images are just my first Flash drawings, so they may change a little with the progression of my animation.
I’m heading out of town for work for the next two weeks, so hopefully I’ll get some time while I’m gone to do more.
A while back I announced that I would be creating a series of 3d animated shorts. Due to my Web site redesign and other factors, this project got pushed to the side for a little while. Last night, I resumed work on this project, with a significant change. I have changed the nature of this project from 3d animation to more traditional animation using Flash. Eventually, I will do a mixture of the two, but for now I’m going this route.
I began creating the first images last night. I will post some of them when I get farther along. I’m still working on some of the concept art, so many of the designs aren’t finalized.
Yesterday, I decided to take all the story ideas I’ve had floating around in my head since I was fourteen and create a series of animated shorts using 3ds Max. I began the initial character modeling last night. Due to the extensive nature of this project, this will take a while, but I will post updates every so often as I go. I am also going to create a section of my site devoted completely to this project.